Best Gaming Mouse Ultimate Buyer’s Guide & Reviews
Professional gaming shouldn’t be taken lightly. People spend dozens of dollars to secure the most premium equipment on the market. The best gaming mouse doesn’t exist. However, there are some models which can easily suffice the most of the needs.
While the better mouse isn’t a measure for your professionality on the battlefield, it is not a secret that there is a specific group of mice which contributes to an entirely unique gaming experience. But, before you jump to conclusions and buy anything that looks badass and glows, we recommend a careful look at the buying guide we wrote.
Aside from the compelling and analytical guide we tailored, you can take a look at the compiled list of ten mice for certain purpose. Alternatively, we know that the same budget is not fit for everyone. This is why we added four more mice, suitable for everyone’s wallet.
Gaming Mouse Buyer's Guide
This buying guide explains the main features and designs behind the most popular and commonly used mice for gaming. It also focuses on providing 14 detailed reviews of each model and their comfort zone in gaming genres. The features in focus mainly are LED lights, DPI, gliding performance, acceleration and comfortable design for extended sessions.
Consider Which Type of Mouse Grip You Use
Each one of us is unique. As such, there are the needs and preferences towards the mouse shape that can fit us the best. To be frank, one mouse cannot please everyone. In this section, we will highlight three most popular types of mice palm grip, claw grip, and the very extreme fingertip type. Let’s say a little about each.
Palm grip mouse has a versatile construction, which doesn’t bound it strictly to gaming. At least 50% of the market is intended for the palm grip mice. We can’t call it ordinary. However, you will easily conclude that the vast majority of people naturally rest their palms on the mouse surface.
It is worth pointing out that their design exceeds the weight, width, and length other models have. They appear to be quite lengthy, and it is not surprising to see wider designs, which allow a more reliable palm rest. Knowing different game genres demand an original position of the hand holding the mouse, you will find that palm grip mice are less suitable for gaming than other two groups. The main reason is their length and width which slow their mobility. Even if the model has high sensitivity, if it can’t cope with the rapid movements from more demanding games, it is pretty much useless.
Claw grip mice are becoming commonplace in rapid gaming. Their featherweight construction makes gliding much smoother. This means that, unlike the palm grip, the claw grip doesn’t suffer from the mobility issues. Claw grip is praised mainly from the Action-RTS gamers. However, the other types of RTS are not the exception.
How does the claw grip mouse work? You will easily find its’ mechanism screaming from its’ name. Basically, thanks to the fewer contact points between the mouse and the hand/fingers, the overall look results in a claw shaped pattern. The main difference between the palm grip and claw grip is in the rapidness, though it doesn’t hurt to mention that the claw grip mice are shorter, which makes them eligible to glide across larger distances in the screen.
Fingertip grip mice are there to stand the games with the extreme speeds and gliding requirements. It is probably the fastest of the three. As it barely has contact with the rest of the hand, as it name suggests it supports only the fingers clicking. This being said, fingertip mice being light as a feather is not surprising. Fingertip grip mice also excel at the very flat point of arch angle.
Unless you are fond of speed and sensitivity to the extreme levels, we don’t see the point of purchasing this type of mouse. As much as it is supreme, the same it can easily trick you. Not everything is about the speed. Speed is not always the precision, which is an important tip to keep in mind when it is asked from a gamer to be delicate.
Things to Consider When Buying Gaming Mouse
Buying a mouse for your computer is more essential. If you are a gamer specifically, a gaming mouse will support you through your endeavors. Unfortunately for you, having an expensive and, by all measures, good gaming mouse, it doesn’t mean that you will become a professional gamer overnight.
The truth is, you can make it easier on yourself, but the mouse won’t play instead of you. Even so, it doesn’t hurt to take a look at some crucial parameters to consider when buying a gaming mouse. We believe that at least one, you will find more than essential.
Regardless of being a gaming mouse or not, the prediction is essential and necessary. The performance of the mouse needs to be on point and allow the user to rely on the mouse. The mouse usually comes with technology which allows the user to switch the prediction on and off. With prediction on, the player can effortlessly get ahead of his opponents and defeat them before he gets defeated. Mice with the prediction technology are used mainly for PvP games. However, it is not rare to make an appearance in other types of gaming as well.
When it comes to sensitivity, a mouse can measure it in two ways. You can choose from two units DPI (Dots per Inch) or CPI (characters per inch). Sensitivity can also be set in the control panel on Windows devices, where you can maneuver between more and less sensitive measurements.
The measuring for the DPI moves its’ limits over the years. Now, in 2017, this range exceeded every of our expectations. Not too much tinkering leads us to the conclusion that with higher DPI we are greeted with an ability for the mouse to move smoother and agiler across the screen.
The further development of the mechanical mouse led to two different sensors, commonly used today. The sensors you can consider between are the optical sensor and laser sensor. Optical sensor uses LED lights to travel on the surface, while the laser, like its’ name, suggests, uses the lasers. Both are really excellent, but there are a couple of things that make each exceed. While the optical mice are more affordable, the laser mice are eligible for different sets of surfaces. Furthermore, they get a better DPI response. In short, their sensitivity is higher.
Acceleration to the gaming mouse is of utmost importance. When the mouse is super sensitive its’ acceleration can do more bad than good to a gamer. Let’s say that this is the ratio between the speed of the cursor up to the way you move your mouse across the surface. Many gamers consider this a bad feature, because it can interrupt their gaming space. On the other side, the feature is helpful to the low-sensitivity gamers, as it helps them step up their game in a great matter.
How do you know that the PC recognizes the mouse and received all the transferred data from the mouse? This is where the polling rate steps in. A Hertz based unit is responsible for response between the mouse and computer. It is important to keep in mind that the information coming from the mouse needs to be processed by the main unit before the screen responds. The range of Polling rate varies anywhere between 250-1000 Hz, regardless of the gaming device.
Programmable Buttons and Profiles
Hotkeys or Macro keys are commonly used, especially in the world of gaming. There are keyboards with these features, but there are also mice. Mice with programmable buttons allow you to set some key there, the key which is usually too far to reach on the keyboard. For instance, if you are healing in an MMO, you can choose to set a Mana refilling command on your mouse macro key. This way you won’t have to smash the keyboard or leave your teammates to die before you manage to recharge their powers. Very useful tool, which we hope to see in further development soon.
No gamer stops at only one game. Given that different games are based on a unique mechanics system, it is important to add that some mice offer the ability to memorize the set of keys used for each game or stance. This is called ‘profile’. The mouse comes with a software which allows you to install different profiles according to your needs. Whether are you switching your stance, class, or genre in a game, or even the game itself, this feature is extremely helpful.
There are two ways to connect a mouse to PC (laptop) like you already know. Choosing between the wireless and wired version can be quite difficult for the person who doesn’t know much about mice. Over the past years, wireless mice have established great speed, stable connection, and reliability. More importantly, the manufacturers succeeded to make the battery life longer, so that the mice can be used for extended amounts of time. The vast majority of gamers found more comfort in wired mice, while the laptop gamers stuck with the wireless on a laptop.
Alternatively, you can purchase a mouse with a detachable cable. Once the battery drains off and you still need your mouse, you can continue to use it as a wired mouse. Keep in mind that this option is the most expensive, while the classic, wired mice, are same reliable while being affordable for the mass.
You have probably been so hyped or focused in the game that you didn’t notice when you rapidly lifted your mouse. In most cases, once the connection between the light/laser and the surface has been cut, you couldn’t move your mouse and you ended up dead, disappointing your team. Lift-Off distance feature allows you to set how much can you lift your mouse before the connection gets devoured. We believe it is a crucial feature when gamers are deeply focused and can’t pay attention to what they are doing inside the game.
Believe it or not, weight plays a significant role in competitive gaming, just like everywhere else. Weighing fewer results in a smoother gliding and maneuvering between the movements on the screen. But, that doesn’t mean that you should play with a feather instead of mice. The best mice on the market are those with the adjustable weight parameter. Additionally, balanced weight on a gaming mouse contributes to the prediction feature, thereby influencing other features as well.
How We Selected Top 10 Gaming Mouse
At first, aware that a mouse, so small, is an unnecessary and unimportant to the full extent, one would think that it doesn’t require a lot of research. Like we mentioned above, a good gaming mouse won’t make you a pro. On the other side, it will help you develop a unique skillset and support the cherishing of these skills.
We searched for the best gaming mouse with that on our mind. It is very important. We enjoyed exploring the different brands and listening to the stories of their best mice making. We focused on features explained above. We visited some of the best street stores to see the mice in action, in real-time. Those are just the little reasons that helped us compile our list. It may sound like a game, but finding the mouse that will fit is more than a challenging endeavor. When you are selecting the mouse it is of the fundamental importance to consider the features above. Stepping out of your comfort zone is thrilling indeed. However, when the real in-game battles come, your companion mouse needs to be your ally.
The key features are certain weight, profiles and macro-keys, and sensitivity. These helped us the most when it came to discovering the all-fitting design.
Reviews of the Best Gaming Mouse
1. Asus ROG Gladius II - Best MMO Gaming Mouse
If you are willing to rip off your wallet, Asus ROG Gladius is what makes the Republic of Gamers name big and powerful. Given that MMORPG is the world of the unexpected surprises and tremendous worlds and creatures, it is worth preparing to embrace their wonders with the best of what we got, that certainly is Asus ROG Gladius II.
It's’ gliding is unmatched and its’ robust construction makes use endlessly convenient regardless of the type of user you are. The RGB lights are a real spot on. Additionally, they make the mouse look very futuristic. The design is very innovative too. While the mouse doesn’t feature programmable weight like some mice in competition do. The even set of programmable buttons make it eligible for the player to place his important keys to the mouse and enjoy them.
Furthermore, some buttons can be removed and swapped accordingly by the user. Thanks to the modification switch, located on the lower part of the mouse, swapping is more than easy. This feature flatters mostly to the constant clickers.
The best thing about Asus ROG Gladius II is certainly its’ great customization and an ability to fairly adjust to any game aside from the MMO world. Its’ performance is unparalleled, implying why is it so versatile towards any other genre available in the gaming world.
A robustly designed Asus ROG Gladius II gaming mouse is a great opportunity to pair up against some of the most disgusting monsters from the MMO world. A great variety of features and advantages will help on that road, as long as you can live with its’ higher price-tag and minor lacks.
Asus ROG Gladius II is equipped with the wonderful features worth pointing out.
- Aura Sync- support. Asus ROG Gladius II packs an RGB LED lights which make it look gorgeous aside from mesmerizingly powerful. It covers a great color range giving Gladius II professional touch.
- DPI switch maneuvers the sensitivity which is the best for you. Together with the 12000 DPI optical sensor, you can achieve great things, especially if you are a healer. Additional 250 IPS, 50g acceleration, and 1000Hz USB polling rate appeal to all the strictest gamers.
- The worth mentioning is certainly Omreon switches. The 50 million click durability. You can also choose two Japanese Omron switches if you want to feel even more comfortable.
- Push-fit switch socket is there to prevent damage and extend the lifetime of the mouse.
- Future-proofed design
- Lacks weight adjusting
2. Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Best FPS Gaming Mouse
Rubber-grip, solid gaming mouse is ideal for the endeavors in the first person shooter games, that are, without a doubt, the most popular games and not long passes until everyone falls in love with them. The biggest accent on this mouse is certainly the comfort. Although quite short, the palms rest efficiently creating the utmost convenience during the gaming sessions.
Certainly, personalizing the mouse to the user’s needs is its’ known tweak. We are deeply allured with the blue LED lights. However, the Logitech fans can rest assured that they can set the RGB specter accordingly.
Perhaps, it is not the lightest mouse there is on the market. Weighing whole 4.3 ounces, despite its’ compact design it is quite heavy. The users shouldn’t worry. The programmable weight will ensure that everyone uses the mouse in a sophisticated manner.
It is not a secret that the G502 is capable of reaching 12,000 DPI, thanks to the customizable construction that doesn’t fall behind. In terms of sensitivity, the 12,000 DPI tell us that it is quite sensitive to gliding. Aside from that, there are 11 programmable buttons. While macro keys are not everyone’s piece of cake, they are extremely helpful in more demanding games.
The performance of the Logitech G502 is nothing less than respectable. In the tests performed it proved itself reliable and accurate. It glides smoothly and represents a great desk addition to gaming. Either programmable buttons and DPI adjusting button were easy to spot and maneuver with, even in the stressful situation. As it is good in terms of gaming, rest assured it outperforms competition even in a regular, day-to-day use.
The gamers will enjoy the customizability of the mouse and a great variety of programmable buttons. It is a respectably priced, comfortable, and agile mouse every FPS gamer dreams of.
Aside from these, here are some more features of Logitech G502, the best FPS mouse:
- It is equipped with the advanced optical gaming sensor, PMW3366. It is one of the most responsive optical sensors engineered straight from Logitech.
- Logitech knows everyone has a style, hence empowered the Logitech FPS mouse with a nearly endless specter of colors, reaching up to 16.8 million colors for adjusting. This is a great RGB presence in a mouse.
- Programmable buttons are easy to program, with the included Logitech Gaming Software which allows you to customize everything accordingly.
- Rubberized texture grips allow the gamer to rest palms and fingers in a natural manner, without causing the fatigue to the user.
- Reasonable Price
- Stylish design
- 11 programmable buttons
- Slightly heavy for the competitors, but nothing too dramatic.
- Thumb rest causes discomfort
3. UtechSmart Venus - Best Gaming Mouse with Programmable Buttons
Handy mice with a great variety of programming buttons are difficult to spot. Luckily for the MMORPG fans, UtechSmart Venus sports not less than the amazing 18 programmable buttons. These are extremely helpful when being used with characters who generate a lot of skills in a game.
The mouse looks stylish, and once you take a good grip of it, you will see that there are buttons everywhere around it. That, whatsoever, didn’t ruin our impressions that this mouse brings the future into the present.
Being overly sensitive, at 16,400 DPI, one would think that the mouse wasn’t designed for programmable button purpose, neither for MMO. With this in mind, the sensitivity is more than even the most demanding gamers can swallow.
Just like the vast majority of the gamers prefer, UtechSmart Venus gaming mouse sports quite elegant and futuristic LED lights which surround it. Additionally, the Omron micro switches weren’t missed here, hence the clicks are guaranteed to be as precise as possible.
The mouse isn’t the lightest mouse consumer would seek of, but on the other side, it isn’t too hefty either. Just that we shouldn’t forget to mention is certainly the only right-handed design, which discreetly discriminates the left handed gamers.
It doesn’t hurt to mention that the mouse is wired. It's’ cable though, the 6ft braided-fiber cable is strong and firm enough to withstand everything.
For the MMO fans, UtechSmart is a great choice. Despite the name not too large, UtechSmart didn’t cease to amaze us with this high-performing, laser mouse for gaming.
Let’s take a careful look at the amazing features UtechSmart Venus carries with it.
- With amazing, firm, and accurate programmable buttons, it isn't surprising that the Venus sports five programmable memory profiles for different gaming stances.
- An 8-piece weight tuning set, each weighing 2.4 grams is great for customizing when you need to add more gliding speed to your gaming mouse.
- There are over 16 million LED color options for personalization provided by UtechSmart. However, as LED lights and sparkles aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, UtechSmart allows you to disable them as well.
- The TEFLON feet pads increase the mouse’s lifespan.
- A lot of LED options
- Weight tuning set
- 18 programmable buttons
- Only for the right-handed
- Not quite ergonomic
4. Corsair M65 Pro - Best Wired Gaming Mouse
The large palm grip mouse will allow your palms to naturally lay on its’ surface. The game enthusiasts constantly complain about unreasonable sizes of the mice. Luckily, Corsair has made a respective size on its’ M65 Pro edition.
J The firm, rubberized materials cover its’ entire surface, ensuring a strong, yet natural click on the users. The durable construction is completely dressed in the aircraft aluminum, allowing the mouse to feel relatively featherlike when in use. Furthermore, the safety and mass distribution are guaranteed.
The mouse supports up to 12000 DPI sensor. If you are looking for a pixel-precise tracking, you are making no mistake with M65 Pro.
In terms of performance, the M65 Pro is simply stunning. Eight programmable buttons and a stylish LED lights placement ensured a comfortable and precise use. Not to mention the programs with double macros.
With its’ reliable, fiber cable, and a great variety of features, Corsairs M65 is a great addition to every game and will provide all the reliability and support required in the strictest titles.
Let’s see the rest of the amazing features the Corsairs M65 Pro offers:
- Certainly worth mentioning, the surface calibration tuning utility calibrates the surface giving an extended precision of DPI measurement. Additionally, it provides great polling utilizing, ensuring the user in reliability. In short, the mouse will intuitively change the DPI to match the requirements of your in-game mechanics.
- Another great feature is CUE, this useful technology is eligible for the double-macro providing when creating programmable keys and profiles. With eight keys included in this service, you are guaranteed to have a crazy time.
- Corsairs high-end wired mouse wouldn’t be a catch if it wasn’t for the high-capacity Omron switches. The mouse is capable of handling 20 million clicks.
- Great tracking
- Swift Movement
- Great Sniper Button
- Right-handed only
5. Logitech G602 - Best Wireless Gaming Mouse
Aside from being wireless, Logitech G602 represents an inexpensive option for tackling your favorite games with swift, responsive, and reliable wireless mouse.
A robust and stylish design cover the compact ergonomics that the larger hands user could of mind. Luckily a pointed -out wing allows the user to rest their thumb on the mouse while effortlessly gliding through the pad.
The comfort is ensured through the finish-matte plastic pads along with the gray shine. However, the palm rests are rubberized, given that even the most campaigns can’t surpass the endless convenience this mouse offers.
Naturally, the mouse connects to the PC thanks to the G-series receiver. No interference guaranteed, along with the lack of lag which cheers up every gamer. The mouse has 500 reports per second response, while the mouse virtually plugs to the receiver at 2.4 GHz. In order to overcome the lag, it provides a full bandwidth just for the vast majority of gaming mice engineered by Logitech.
The DPI switch button is elegantly laying upon the surface and strategically preventing the user from interference to other keys on the mouse. Worth mentioning is a large specter of programmable buttons and profiles just like on Logitech mouse we reviewed above, whole 11 programmable buttons.
Consisting of two AA batteries, with them teamed together Logitech G602 can survive 250 hours which is around 10 days of constant use. In terms of battery life, the G602 is more loyal than a dog pet.
The G602 is indeed a lagless mouse. It works flawlessly despite the surface it moves on. The gliding is also unmatched, just like its’ accuracy. The hanging cord through causes problems in maintaining the concentration, meaning this is the only thing you should worry about.
Logitech G602 belongs to a gaming series of wireless gaming mice. It didn’t fall in our expectations and is a wonderful buy for everyone seeking a top-end wireless mouse at a relatively affordable pricing.
Aside from this, let’s see what other features are the Logitech G602 wireless mouse packed up with:
- The battery life is unparalleled long. It lasts up to 250 hours of continuous use. Additionally, the Delta Zero sensor technology preserves the battery life and maintains the unmatched accuracy.
- The innovative technology advanced enough to make this mouse lag-free, ideal for gamers who expect to aim high with their gaming equipment. Additional endurance modes contribute to a more durable battery life.
- Great compatibility with all the possible operating systems including everything from Windows Vista to Windows 10 and starting from Mac OS X and higher.
- Comfortable design
- Extremely long battery life
- Lag free
- Robust buttons
- A hanging cord is really ruining the focus
- No wired option
6. Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum - Professional Grade Wired/Wireless Gaming Mouse
This is the best Logitech mouse ever made in all terms. In addition to that, it possesses the Ambidextrous features.
The first thing worth mentioning is that the versatile build enabled Logitech G900 chaos spectrum to be freely used in both wired and wireless mode. Thanks to that feature, the detachable cable will sort it all for you. Wireless, lagless experience on the go, and wired when the batteries die out.
The ergonomics resemble of a feather-weight. That’s right, weighing only 107 grams, you won’t feel the mouse gliding at superior speed. Being this light, the manufacturer didn’t find a need for weighing adjusting option. This still managed to sadden various gamers.
Let’s talk a little about the ambidextrous design. The mouse’s aesthetics make it possible for the thumb buttons to be removed. This is perfect for people who have larger palms and want to naturally lay on their mouse.
The performance is overall great, the mouse glides naturally and swiftly. It feels great on the hand. It's’ robust design enables the comfortable grip perfect for the extended amounts of gaming.
Lovely design and solid performance are the main reason so many gamers refer to Logitech enchanting powers in-game worlds.
Let’s take a look at some of its’ features:
- The mouse is rechargeable through a remote. The battery can last up to thirty minutes, as it later can be used in a wired edition.
- The Clock Tuning technology not only enhances the battery life but makes it one of the most endurable mice available.
- In addition to all features, the DPI meter starts at 200 DPI and ends at roughly 12,000 DPI. The adjustability makes it versatile to choose through the less sensitive and predictive, towards highly sensible gaming mouse.
- G900 has included a PMW3366 optical gaming sensor which is effective, proficient and works properly even under stress.
- Being so versatile as mentioned above, many will favor the fact it is customizable for both hands. Lefties can enjoy all the magic it offers. Furthermore, it feels equally comfortable on both hands.
- A nearly endless RGB Specter supports 16.8 million vibrant color options.
- Slick design
- Highly customizable
- Solid performance
- Not enough programmable buttons
7. MIONIX NAOS 7000 - Multi-Color Ergonomic Optical Gaming Mouse
Sophisticated, ergonomic gaming mouse which looks more premium than it really is. The finish matte textures with glossy touches make the mouse look pristine as well. The stealth-dark appearance is delicately present, mostly because of the lack of too much “look at me” attitude the other gaming equipment has.
The mouse is slightly heavier than its’ predecessors. This is mainly because the last models were unreasonably light. Worth pointing out is that the mouse is swift, and comfortable to feel. If your hands aren’t huge, they will naturally rest on the palm rest texture.
In terms of performance, MIONIX NAOS 7000 took all the cheers and performed well for the decent level of gaming. The cable is also firm and durable.
Let’s take a look of some of its’ great features.
- It supports up to 16.8 Million LED color options. This is nearly an endless Specter, though still pretty standard on high-end mice.
- It contains a 128 kb worked-in memory, together with a 32bit ARM processor reaching the 72mHz.
- The optical sensor is sensitive, but still not quite enough to cope with the competition. It reaches up to 7000 DPI.
- Intuitive Software
- Solid performance
- Elegant Design
- Doesn’t go as smooth on surface
8. SteelSeries Sensei Raw - Best Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse
Magically sweet, SteelSeries Sensei Raw won our hearts with the great ambidextrous construction, and of course, the tremendous performance, even with the most difficult modes and titles.
Aside from great and innovative software, the ambidextrous body design features a metallic texture, adjustable without interfering between the left and the right-handed grip. As about the software, there are many things that can be adjusted, which includes two CPI settings.
The buttons feel comfortable, mostly thanks to the rubber coverage instead of the nylon one. In combination with the alien-like construction, the mouse is just great to use. The gliding works flawlessly, the mouse is sensitive and effortlessly follows up with the cursor. It is responsive and accurate, coping with the stressful in-game situations
Great ambidextrous mouse for every need, including the top-end gaming.
If you don’t believe us, check out the great features SteelSeries Sensei Raw is equipped with:
- The CPI indicator and SteelSeries logo are directly connected with turning on the LED features. CPI can be switched to adjust the DPI settings accordingly to your needs.
- It is equipped with enough of programmable buttons with the dedicated profiles to ensure the mouse is as versatile to every genre.
- The nylon cord is designed to reach high endurance and lasting durability.
- The mouse is fairly comfortable, regardless of the hand, you are using.
- Fairly lightweight with only 90 grams.
- Solid Performance
- Chance for interference with the side buttons.
9. Razer Naga Hex - Best RTS Gaming Mouse
Razer Naga Hex appeals mostly to the MOBA gamers and no one else. However, little do people know that MOBA came out as a subgenre of the RTS games. There is no better place for Razer Naga Hex to be, but exactly here is the best.
Just like all Razer’s products, the stealth black color decorates the mice, with nothing else but the toxic green logo etched in the middle of the mouse. The spot on certainly lays in the programmable buttons with a circular layout. This way, Razer ensured fast and simpler approach, innovative nonetheless.
On the top of the mouse, between the left and right button, there are two more keys for adjusting DPI.
Thanks to the Chroma RGB lighting, Razer Naga Hex looks astonishing. In addition to that, it is featherweight and glides flawlessly. In terms of performance, Naga Hex performed respectfully, just like it was expected from it.
There is also the software for programmable buttons and profile adjusting worth mentioning. Razer’s Synapse software can be used effortlessly for original key customization, especially by Razer allowing gamers to download LoL and DOTA 2 profiles.
Razer Naga Hex is a solid gaming mouse worth its’ extravagant name. Although it is not as intuitive as other mice, it will be a great companion once you get used to it.
Razer Naga Hex sports some amazing features. Let’s take a look at them.
- Given that MOBA and RTS gamers require a very sensitive and predictable mouse, Razer offers up to 16,000 DPI for its’ MOBA champion.
- A mechanical wheel consists of seven programmable buttons which are comfortable to grip and feel magical for its’ innovative construction.
- A 5G laser sensor makes up for 16,000 DPI sensitivity. We discussed above that the laser mice return higher DPI. Additionally, you can switch the DPI buttons.
- Great RGB customization
- It takes the time to get used to it
- No internal memory
10. Razer DeathAdder Chroma - Best Razer Gaming Mouse
We tackle another model from the Razer family of gaming mice, though far more superb than its’ siblings or predecessors. It is not a secret that Razer mice feel easy to your hand, and Razor DeathAdder Chroma is no exception for its’ amazing ergonomics which give a comfortable rest for just any user.
A right-handed, ergonomic design has a lot to offer. Just like the most of them the stealth dark texture looks sinister but doesn’t fail to enchant. Under the scroll wheel, you are greeted with two new macro buttons.
The highest point of this mouse is an extremely high point of DPI and the RGB lighting. It doesn’t hurt to mention that it supports the amazing 16,8 million color options that you can customize in Razer’s Synapse software.
The mouse performs out of this world. It offers 50g acceleration point which is sufficient to keep the cursor parallel with the mouse movements. The mouse effortlessly glides above the desk as if it is void. It is recommended for the extended gameplay sessions just like for the regular use.
Razer DeathAdder sets a new standard for the Razer gaming mice, delivering the fundamental improvements every gamer will embrace warmly.
To get more familiar with the model, we recommend checking out DeathAdder’s main features.
- Being ergonomically designed, DeathAdder glides at the speed of sound. It moves smoothly and feels like gamer’s part of the body, naturally. Fingers normally adjust to its’ ergonomically designed panel, improving their in-game performance.
- Unlike the Naga Hex, DeathAdder works through an optical sensor. That doesn’t mean that it is too much behind its’ siblings. On the contrary, it proficiently reaches specter of up to 10,000 DP, whereas the Naga Hex achieves 16,000. Still, it is worth pointing out Naga Hex’s gaming demands are specific.
- The Z-hub equipment enhances the quality of the optical sensor. It will work on any table, regardless of the material its’ made of. Not even glass has a chance of reflecting the mouse’s performance without success.
- Just like the vast majority of the high-end gaming mice, DeathAdder supports 16.8 million RGB Specter for customization.
- Impeccable performance
- Only right hand
- No weight tuning
Budget for Your Gaming Mouse
Logitech M510 - Best Gaming Mouse Under $20
Logitech M510 is an amazing investment in the budget gaming. It has a regular palm grip shape, which is essential for most of the budget gaming mice. It is available in red, blue, and black color, meaning you have plenty to choose from as well.
It was surprising to see 7 programmable buttons on such an inexpensive mouse. They work flawlessly regardless of the genre you are playing. Moreover, they are easy to reach and doesn’t come to interference.
The USB connection is stable and proper. The mouse connects fast and tends to stay this way. Gamers mostly don’t have problems with lag or interference. The mouse works smoothly without a doubt. Additionally, there are two AA batteries which are supposed to make the mouse work for at least two years. This period is easy to extend by turning your mouse off when you don’t use it.
Logitech M510 restores faith in wireless mice with its’ ergonomic, yet strategical build. It is an ideal addition to every gaming style and function.
Let’s see more of its’ features.
- Gaming all day long can be extremely difficult. However, Logitech decided to step up their game by adding rubberized texture to their grips for the all day flawless use. The texture spreads enough to cover the palms long enough to withstand even the most exhausting campaigns.
- The mouse supports between 200 to 5700 DPI. You will agree that this is far less than in mice we reviewed. However, the budget makes it difficult to call for privileges.
- As it is wireless, it allows you to freely operate your distance even away from your computer or laptop, for up to 10 meters. This is ideal for the times you take a rest from gaming and watch a movie or two.
- 2 years AA batteries
- Great selection of colors
- No LED lights
Redragon M801 Mammoth - Best Gaming Mouse Under $30
A sub-$30 mouse sounds like a compromise. The Reddragon M801 is entirely covered in plastic, with a texture over the palm rests to support the long gaming sessions. The matte red textures and accents elegantly laid over its’ full plastic construction give it a more badass look, making it seem more premium than the price tag can suggest.
There are programmable buttons to the sides. However, the unfortunate construction made them feel flimsy to the touch. It wasn’t rare that during the tests it occurred to touch the button when the primary intention was to only rest our palms. With that said, the users with slightly larger hands might experience discomfort.
The DPI measures up to 16,400. Given this number, the mouse is extremely sensitive which isn’t essential unless you are pursuing some, indeed, competitive gaming processes. The red textures in design are also red LED lights which seem sinister and give a greater picture of the competitive gaming.
Aside from the fingers and palms unintentionally tackle the programmable keys, the mouse provided us with excellent performance for the given budget.
Looking for something more challenging but in the budget? The Red dragon takes away the breath even from the strictest gamers.
In further readings, we will see more of its’ features.
- Omron Micro switches support up to 20 million clicks, putting the high point of endurance to 801 Mammoth
- There are 5 programmable profiles with 16 million combinations for the extended gaming endeavors.
- There are 9 programmable buttons and the LED lights which support five color combinations.
- High Sensitivity
- Relatively comfortable
- Great variety of programmable buttons and profiles
- Easily interfering with macro keys.
Razer Diamondback - Best Gaming Mouse Under $50
The sub-$50 ambidextrous design could be a too little bite for the users with larger games. Nonetheless, the mouse looks gorgeous and even more versatile to either left- and right-handed people. The stealth black color is a fairly recognized feature, even in a successor such as Razer Diamondback. The RGB-friendly lights make it even more charming.
Unfortunately, thanks to its’ tiny ergonomics, the charm starts to fade away once you start using it. There are seven programmable buttons included in the mouse construction. They work unparalleled compared to other competitors in the budget. Additionally, it is suitable for different profiles to fit the holes for other genres.
When the real testing came to life, the Diamondback performed better than expected. It glided effortlessly as through the void and maintained the constant lag-free contact with the computer. However, it will work better in some first-person shooter games without a doubt.
It went up in terms of the DPI compared to the previous by 1,000 prior to 15,000 which is a great addition.
Razer Chroma Diamondback is an amazing gaming mouse. It will perform better in strategical and first-person shooter games. However, it performs decently even in the regular, daily use.
Moving on, we should take a look at some gorgeous features packed in the Diamondback.
- Many complaints were mentioned about the ambidextrous features in the prior model. Razer has managed to fix this and deliver a more conventional mouse.
- The precision is guaranteed, especially for the FPS and RTS games thanks to the enhancements in DPI count. An extra sensitive mouse will react accordingly when spotting your biggest in-game rival.
- It doesn’t hurt to mention that there is a Chroma lighting technology, which is imbued in the mouse. The user can rest assured that he can definitely choose from 16,8 million customizable colors the one that fits the gaming ambient the best.
- Synapse software for easy customization
- Uncomfortable for users with the larger hands
Razer Mamba Tournament Edition - Best Gaming Mouse Under $100
The Razer Mamba appearance is the same as the original Black Mamba’s – deadly. The Chroma RGB lights are the only bright spot on this mouse. The wonder of gaming mice is here, it is suitable for competitive gaming and has a lot to offer to the go. Given that e-Sports are what this mouse specializes at, there comes the comfortable use.
The just enough amount of programmable buttons which are strategically placed across the mouse stops the interference, making the mouse as sophisticated, as secretly wild. The mouse supports the acceleration of 50 G and up to 210 inches per second. The nine programmable buttons with unlimited profiles make your mouse adjustable regardless of the adventure you take.
In our tests, the mouse proved once again the authentication of Razer’s gaming mice. The 16,000 customizable DPI the mouse surpasses beyond prediction and sensitivity. It also glides pretty nice and as expected bests anything that comes against it.
Razer Mamba is a perfect mouse for all competitive gamers with victorious personality. If you don’t save on computer peripherals, Mamba is a great opportunity to showcase your skills on real, strict tournaments.
Let’s see the features of Razer Mamba which are behind such superior performance.
- The 16,000 DPI make up for mouse’s biggest accuracy. There is also a high-end on-the-fly sensitivity which doesn’t fall behind.
- The right-handed design features rubberized grips. Razer knows e-Sport campaigns and tournaments can last forever. As result of hard and persistent training, gamers at least deserve to feel convenient while digging towards their victory.
- It is worth to mention the programmable buttons in terms of constructions. The tilt-click scroll wheel makes it available to push a joke up your sleeve.
- Great performance
- High DPI
- Black spots in lighting
Which Gaming Mouse is Right for Me?
We believe that after this buying guide and a great variety of mice offered in the list, you are more than aware about the right choice you need to make. There are several factors you need to consider. Are you sharp-minded? Are you agile? Do you adjust to the changes with ease? If these are some of your virtues, you won’t have a problem choosing a mouse for yourself.
Another important factor is certainly a price. The best option to choose is a valuable balance between the feature count and price. If some of the features are missing but you can afford the game, don’t feel discouraged. As long as you can have a great time with it and rely on it, even a lower-budget mouse is better than nothing.
While the gaming mice can’t make you a gaming professional, one wrong move and your whole gameplay are at risk. We hope that the features displayed, advantages and disadvantages in the best gaming mouse were helpful and suitable for your genre.
Which gaming mouse do you use? Let us know!